My secret to making this chili fantastic is to add as many veggies as possible! I normally use what I have on hand in my fridge. You can control the spice level as well.
- Veggies (wide selection, pick your favorites) = Onion, Bell Pepper, Carrot, Celery, Zucchini, Parsnip, Mushrooms
- Spices = Fresh garlic, 1 TBSP Chili Powder, 1 TBSP Cumin
- Want it extra hot? = Add in a hot pepper and some cayenne pepper (I use about 1/4 tsp and that is hot enough for me)
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 2 cans (or jars) of Diced tomatoes with green chilies. I like to get one with green chilies and another with just roasted garlic.
- 1 or 2 cans of Chili beans
- 2 cups of water
- Toppings = Avocado, lime juice, noodles to make it a chili mac version
- Chop up veggies
- Add in all ingredients into crockpot
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours